Wednesday, June 30, 2010
There are different kinds of movie screenings:
1. Movie premiers- usually you have to have worked on the movie, know someone who's worked on the movie, or win a radio promotion contest.
2. Union screenings- you have to know a member of the union and ask to be his/her plus one.
3. Academy screenings- again, you have to know a member and be his/her plus one.
4. Networking organizations- join the organization that has screenings and you can trade plus ones with people at the Unions and the Academy. Or know a member of the organization and be his/her plus one.
5. Q&A screenings at theaters- usually you just have to know about them and buy a ticket.
6. Film festival screenings- you have to buy passes to the festivals or individual screenings.
If I didn't mention any you were thinking of in particular, let me know.
For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com
To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)
"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...
I'll admit, no one specifically asked me this one. It's in answer to what I witnessed last night at a networking event. Here's t...
The cure for procrastination is different for everyone, but I'll give you a few prescriptions to try: 1. An accountability and reward s...