Friday, April 3, 2009
Here's the advice I've given to people who have successfully made the move to Los Angeles:
1. Save enough money to survive for a year with no work/or be willing to get a survival job
2. Create relationships with people who live in LA, before moving out here
3. Have a strategy plan that includes the kind of work you want and how you plan to generate it
4. Research the "business side of the business" so you aren't shocked when you're not "discovered" within 30 days (or 30 months)
5. Choose a support team of friends & family, so during times of doubt, they can boost you back up
Because there are so many people who are interested in moving and survival jobs in LA, check out 2 of my Greenlight 101 Series books:
101 Tips on Moving to Los Angeles from a Small Town, by author, Jefferson Loftfield
101 Tips to Getting a Survival Job That Doesn't Suck, by author, Dawna Gonzales
for more tips and articles by The Greenlight Coach, visit www.theGreenlightCoachBlog.com
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)
"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...
A website is a marketing tool to help in your pursuit of getting work. It is not a substitute for creating relationships, it simply complime...
entertainment industry coach Question 419: with so much new technology is it more important to spend my money on training or your coaching?Well obviously I'm supposed to say my coaching.... Here are two scenarios, you decide which is best for you: 1. You spend five years an...