Here's what mentors have to offer:
1. Real world experience, success "footprints," and practical advice.
2. Inspiration. It's SO amazing to listen to stories from people who are doing what you share a passion in.
3. A track record of what works and what doesn't work.
4. Invitations to sets, parties, and industry events.
5. Tips, tricks, and secrets about your trade.
So, why wouldn't you want to be talking to mentors? Have you heard the saying, you're as rich as the sum of the 5 people's incomes you're closest to. I believe it's the same as your level of success. If you surround yourself with people who are at the same level as you or below, you're not going to be exposed to the possibilities and the realities of the next level.
For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry coach, The Greenlight Coach, visit www.theGreenlightCoachBlog.com