You must give ME 100 massages.
Okay, that’s not the real answer, but I sure wouldn’t mind it. I don’t think there’s a union for set massage therapists, but I’d check with IATSE, just to be sure.
All of the tools I share with other classifications who want to work on sets apply to you, too:
- It’s who you know, so build relationships with people who work on sets and can get you on.
- Market yourself, and create a “buzzy” hook, so you’ll be memorable.
- Brush up on your interviewing skills.
- Find other successes set masseuses and model them.
- Network, network, network!