1. Make a list of questions for DPs that you want to learn from. For example:
What should I do to get the most out of film school?
What do I need to know about getting an internship in the United States?
What can you tell me about the business side of the business?
What are the questions I should be asking and don't even realize it yet?
2. Make a target list of the DPs you would want to answer these questions.
3. See if they are on Facebook and research how you can contact them (one way is through the Cinematographers Guild).
4. Once you know you have a way to reach them, write them a letter telling them about yourself, requesting a business mentorship where you can contact them by email 3 times to ask them questions about how to get the most out of film school and prepare for your future career. Include that you will follow up with them (if you have contact information), or that you don't have anyway to follow up with them but how they can reach you by email.
5. Mail the letter, and follow up.
For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, the Greenlight Coach, visit www.theGreenlightCoachBlog.com