1. Movie premiers- usually you have to have worked on the movie, know someone who's worked on the movie, or win a radio promotion contest.
2. Union screenings- you have to know a member of the union and ask to be his/her plus one.
3. Academy screenings- again, you have to know a member and be his/her plus one.
4. Networking organizations- join the organization that has screenings and you can trade plus ones with people at the Unions and the Academy. Or know a member of the organization and be his/her plus one.
5. Q&A screenings at theaters- usually you just have to know about them and buy a ticket.
6. Film festival screenings- you have to buy passes to the festivals or individual screenings.
If I didn't mention any you were thinking of in particular, let me know.
To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a complimentary 1-hour MP3 on The 5 Fastest Ways to Get Work In Entertainment
www.theGreenlightCoach.com FIND MEFor more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visit