Thursday, April 8, 2010

entertainment industry coach Question 400: Do you have to be in a union to take pictures on set?

Not only do you have to be in a union but you have to be a still photographer. In some cases they let cameras on the set for continuity and wardrobe, but to take stills of the shoot you must be a still photographer.

Now if you are a still photographer and you’re not in the union, you can get your days toward getting into the union by working on non-union projects, but be sure to check with Contract Services to make sure you are saving things like pay stubs, etc. so your days will qualify.

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach,

To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...