Monday, March 19, 2012
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1106: What is the most important concept(s) you wished you could get across to your clients from the beginning?
The actual question read in it's entirety:
"As a coach, you must come across similar questions, situations, and attitudes. What is the most important concept(s) you wished you could get across to your clients from the beginning that would help them mostly."
GRRRRREAT question! Considering 9.8 out of 10 clients of mine who have been in the industry 10+ years say, "I wish I had you when I first started out," I would say the most important concepts are:
1. DON'T TRY TO DO IT ALONE!
2. If you have little or no business, sales, & marketing training, investing in it is equally if not more important than spending money on getting better at your craft. Because you can be the most talented and skilled person, but without an exceptional understanding of the business, you're just one in a million.
3. Belief in yourself/confidence is essential to your success.
4. Recognize that the top 10% who make it, are doing more than you know, therefore, you must learn what they know if you want to make it.
5. Every job has it's pros and cons. Focusing on the things you can't control and complaining to people who can't do anything to help you change your situation will hurt you. Therefore, find ways to maintain financial, emotional, and creative stability.
6. Be very aware of the 5 people closest to you; their level of success, how much money they make, and their attitude.
That covers the big ones for now. I could probably go on for hours. Maybe I'll do a part two.
For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com
To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at www.TheGreenlightCoach.com and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)
"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...
A website is a marketing tool to help in your pursuit of getting work. It is not a substitute for creating relationships, it simply complime...
entertainment industry coach question 239: What percentage of women have children and keep working in entertainment?I don't have statistics for you nor do I believe a statistic like that exists. The question is, are you a woman who wants to have childr...