Naturally I asked him my next question, "how many casting directors do you know." He floundered for a moment then said, "one, sort of." AH HA! Mystery solved. So naturally he asked me how he was supposed to meet casting directors. I told him I'd answer him in my blog.
1. Ask the people you already know to give you referrals to the casting directors they know
2. Build relationships through casting director workshops (there's a whole strategy to this, but you have to coach with me... I can't give you all of my secrets for free)
3. Offer to do an internship in casting directors' offices
4. Attend networking events that involve casting directors
5. Join philanthropic organizations that casting directors are a part of
Yes, you have to do research for 4 & 5. Remember casting directors are people, treat them with respect and always look to create a win/win.
www.theGreenlightCoach.com FIND ME
To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!