Saturday, April 18, 2009
That question is impossible for me to answer without my Magic 8 Ball. So, let me re-phrase it as: Do internships in the entertainment industry have the POTENTIAL to lead to anything after? Now, I can give you a firm yes-- IF you treat the internship as a business opportunity, which means:
1. Know where you want to be 3 steps after the internship so you can take the steps to position yourself toward those milestones
2. Create relationships with everyone you possibly can
3. Help the people you meet at your internship achieve their goals
4. Contact everyone you know, to tell them you're working, and what you plan to do when this job is done
5. Be the BEST at whatever you're assigned
6. Go above and beyond whenever possible
7. Learn, LEARN, LEARN
Internships can be advantages stepping stones if you know where you want to step next.
For more tips and articles by The Greenlight Coach, visit www.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)
"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...
A website is a marketing tool to help in your pursuit of getting work. It is not a substitute for creating relationships, it simply complime...
entertainment industry coach Question 419: with so much new technology is it more important to spend my money on training or your coaching?Well obviously I'm supposed to say my coaching.... Here are two scenarios, you decide which is best for you: 1. You spend five years an...