Monday, April 13, 2009
Preparing for an informational meeting with a referral is similar to preparing for a job interview. The differences being:
1. The person is meeting with you because of your connection to the person who referred you
2. It's not for a specific job
Therefore, in your preparation, you want to:
1. Know your objective(s) for the meeting
2. Research the person you're meeting with (seems obvious, but SO many people don't)
3. Design at least 5 questions that you really want to know the answers to
4. Compile a package that shows you in your best light
For more tips and articles by The Greenlight Coach, visit www.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)
"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...
I'll admit, no one specifically asked me this one. It's in answer to what I witnessed last night at a networking event. Here's t...
The cure for procrastination is different for everyone, but I'll give you a few prescriptions to try: 1. An accountability and reward s...