Monday, June 4, 2012
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1182: I've been reading your blogs and there's so much to do I'm overwhelmed!
I call that an A-List problem. Most people have no idea what to do, and continue to do the same 3-5 things over and over with disappointing results. Now YOU are filled with ideas and action plans. That's GREAT! Feeling overwhelmed... not great.
For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com
Here are some tips:
1. Make a list of all of your ideas/actions
2. Analyze which ideas/actions will get you the results you want in the shortest time
3. Prioritize your ideas/actions in the order of quickest results to long-term seed planting
4. Chunk out your days for 1 week on a calendar. Schedule a specific number of hours for quick result actions and a shorter amount of time to plant seeds.
5. See if using a schedule works for you and if so, do it again next week.
You are a business so it's important to treat your time the way you would if you worked in an office, with the knowledge that you have the freedom to come and go as you please.
To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)
"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...
I'll admit, no one specifically asked me this one. It's in answer to what I witnessed last night at a networking event. Here's t...
The cure for procrastination is different for everyone, but I'll give you a few prescriptions to try: 1. An accountability and reward s...