Sunday, August 1, 2010

entertainment industry coach Question 515:How do I get a job as an extra in music videos?

Central Casting is one of the biggest Extra Casting Agencies. You can also look at and to find additional Extra Casting agencies. Union productions require a certain number of Union background artists before they can hire non-union extras. You will need a headshot and eventually a resume. To build your resume, volunteer to do extra work for student films and short films where you live. Some Extra Casting Agencies only require a picture which they take themselves and put in a book for people who are hiring extras for TV, Film, Music Videos, & Commercials. If you don’t live in an entertainment hub such as NY, Los Angeles, Chicago, Miami, or one of the other city/states where there’s a tax incentive, you may consider moving to where the work is.

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach,

To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...