Friday, October 16, 2009
entertainment industry coach question 228: Any advice for Showbiz Expo tomorrow?
1. Meet lots of people (and by lots I mean set a goal for yourself before you go, and DON'T leave until you reach it... and feel free to surpass it.)
2. Represent yourself well (when meeting new people, stick to subjects that show you in your best light.)
3. Be curious (never judge a book by it's cover. Unless someone is TERRIBLY strange, give them the benefit of the doubt and listen to what they have to say.)
4. Be clear on what you need (should someone ask how they can help you, have an answer ... other than "I need work." Ask for something that someone just meeting you can say YES to.
5. Take notes on people's business cards so you'll remember who they are, and what to follow up with them about.
For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visit www.theGreenlightCoachBlog.com
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)
"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...
Unfortunately, I've had this question before. Here are some questions to consider: 1. Do you need the job for: the income, the prest...
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1279: do you think having a weird hair color is hurtful and limiting or is beneficial and makes you stand out as an actor?It is both. Having a weird hair color makes you a character. If a Casting Director is looking for a young mom for a Tide commercial, he won&...