Saturday, January 30, 2010

entertainment industry coach question 334: How do I become a movie extra?

Well, first of all the term is now "background talent" or "background artist/performer." And the answer is there are agencies that you can Google, depending on where you live. There are SAG and AFTRA regulations that apply.

First you would start out working non-union, which means the alloted contracted union workers would be hired first and then if they needed more the producers could hire non-union.

I suggest calling SAG and/or AFTRA to learn more.

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visit www.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...