Monday, May 10, 2010

entertainment industry coach Question 432: There are so many classes in Los Angeles, how do I find the best?

This was asked by an actor who was writing about acting classes in Los Angeles. The answer, applies to any classification that offers classes to improve skills/art, in any location.

You can interview different teachers on your own, though many teachers are sales people as well, and can be very convincing that they are the best.

When I first moved to LA, I found myself some mentors, an agent, a working actress, and a casting director. I asked them which they felt were the top acting schools/teachers in LA. Based on their answer there were 4 schools that were on all three lists. I interviewed each and made my decision.

Choosing a good school/teacher is important to many casting directors when they look at your resume.

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com

To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...