Saturday, September 4, 2010
entertainment industry coach question 549: How do you find your own style that lands you the job?
This particular question is in regards to a prime time news spot, yet it's applicable to any position. Finding your own style (niche, brand, etc.) is really important.
Here's where to start:
1. Do a "brand study" of all of the other news anchors. What are their brands and how do they differ from each other?
2. Seek out mentors in your field for business advice on how they branded themselves.
3. Read books on personal branding.
4. Identify who the market is who will most respond to you. Tailor your "style" to your strongest assets and what will attract the largest audience.
5. Get unbiased feedback on your brand. Who you want to be and how people see you may be two different things.
For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com
To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)
"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...
I'll admit, no one specifically asked me this one. It's in answer to what I witnessed last night at a networking event. Here's t...
The cure for procrastination is different for everyone, but I'll give you a few prescriptions to try: 1. An accountability and reward s...