Wednesday, December 29, 2010
entertainment industry coach question 664:How do you get your portfolio to the right people?
Depending on the industry of photography you're in, you'd be targeting different people. Movie and TV set still photographers, target studio photo editors.
1. Find out who judges the portfolios in the area of photography you're in
2. Contact their office to find out their submission policy and what format they want the portfolio in
3. If they don't accept unsolicited materials, ask who they accept materials from (reps, agents)
4. Contact those reps and agents
5. If after all of this, you still can't get your work seen, let me know and I'll start from the basics about creating relationships and getting referrals
For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com
To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)
"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...
I'll admit, no one specifically asked me this one. It's in answer to what I witnessed last night at a networking event. Here's t...
The cure for procrastination is different for everyone, but I'll give you a few prescriptions to try: 1. An accountability and reward s...