Wednesday, April 13, 2011
entertainment industry coach question 767:How should I prepare for an informational meeting with someone I've been referred to?
Preparing for an informational meeting with a referral is similar to preparing for a job interview. The differences being:
1. The person is meeting with you because of your connection to the person who referred you
2. It's not for a specific job
Therefore, in your preparation, you want to:
1. Know your objective(s) for the meeting
2. Research the person you're meeting with (seems obvious, but SO many people don't)
3. Design at least 5 questions that you really want to know the answers to
4. Compile a package that shows you in your best light
To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a complimentary 1-hour MP3 on The 5 Fastest Ways to Get Work In Entertainment
www.theGreenlightCoach.com FIND ME
For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)
"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...
A website is a marketing tool to help in your pursuit of getting work. It is not a substitute for creating relationships, it simply complime...
entertainment industry coach question 239: What percentage of women have children and keep working in entertainment?I don't have statistics for you nor do I believe a statistic like that exists. The question is, are you a woman who wants to have childr...