Saturday, June 18, 2011

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 840: Do I have to watch all the new cable shows? I don't want to get sucked in

Well, speaking as a complete television "sucker" (I have my double DVR working overtime, On Demand is in demand at my house and Hulu is saved under favorites), only you can control how much TV you choose to watch.

Working in television, there are specifics that you need to know about the shows, based on your classification; the tone, the characters, the writing style, the look, etc. You can watch a show twice, get a feel for it, and then when you get a call for work, do a quick re-watch on Hulu or read up on the show's website.

If you don't want to waste time on shows that may be cancelled, just ask my sister which shows she LOVES... they always get cancelled. (That's a joke.. sort of).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...