Thursday, May 10, 2012

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1157: I'm a mom and I wonder if it's unprofessional to bring my baby to commercial auditions?

I know of a few babies who have lofty college funds because their moms took them along on an audition and the mother and baby both got cast.

If you audition a lot commercially and you're in the "mom-range" I'm sure you see babies all the time. But since you're asking this question, I'm guessing you don't audition a lot and you're afraid to put yourself out there because now you have a baby.

The best solution is to find a friend who can come with you and take care of the baby while you're in the room. This way if the baby gets fussy, your friend can go for a walk outside of the casting office. BUT, just in case they're looking for a mother/baby team, it could be a great opportunity having your baby there. And you'll certainly feel a lot more comfortable auditioning with your own child than a strange baby.

Disclaimer: If you do not have a friend who can come with you, it would not be professional to tote your baby into your audition- especially, unannounced. Nothing worse than improving with a guy who's supposed to be your husband and you're deciding if it's time to start a family and your baby in the corner starts crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...