I wrote back and asked: Are you referring to major projects that come to OH or major projects outside of your area that you would be willing to travel for?
To which she replied: I was referring to both, I'm just looking for genuine opportunities, whether it is in front or behind the lens.
There are actually multiple questions in here:
1. How do I transition from independent work to major projects, as an actress in Ohio?
2. How do I generate work as an actress out of Ohio?
3. How do I generate work behind the lens?
I will answer #1 today and #s 2 & 3 tomorrow and Monday.
To transition from independent work to major projects as an actress in a smaller production city, there are some actions you must take:
1. Get to know EVERY casting director in your area. If there are bigger cities in your state where casting directors work, make the trip and get to know them. There are many ways to do this. For example, many casting directors or their associates teach workshops.
2. Go (in person) to your city's Film Commission, and get to know the people who work there. Film Commissions know when big projects are coming to town. When you have relationships with people who work there, they can keep you in the know about the who, what, and when of major projects.
To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a complimentary 1-hour MP3 on The 5 Fastest Ways to Get Work In Entertainment
www.theGreenlightCoach.com FIND MEFor more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visit