Saturday, September 19, 2009

Question 201: What's the best time of year to move to LA to pursue a career in Hollywood?

Well, it's been a little hot this summer, but otherwise, the weather's always great so I say, anytime. But really, if you're asking me that question, I'm going to assume you're starting from scratch. Therefore, whenever you've saved up enough money to put down first and last month's rent and have enough left over to leave you enough time to find a job to cover your bills, the cost of any classes you'll need for your craft, the cost of joining networking organizations, and the cost of investing in learning how to run your business, it's time.

You're going to have to build relationships. The story about stepping off the bus and being discovered was in Bofinger-- but that's a movie, not real life. So be prepared to spend time growing your contacts and your business.

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visit www.theGreenlightCoachBlog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...