Thursday, October 1, 2009

question 213: What is a blog?

This was asked of me from an older generation of camera operators, who were interested in the topic I was presenting on yesterday, yet, unclear on what a blog actually is. Here is the definition of a blog:

blog (a shared on-line journal where people can post diary entries about their personal experiences and hobbies) "postings on a blog are usually in chronological order"

I'd like to add "professional experiences" to that definition because it ties into the topic I was discussing.

Free resources for setting up blogs are www.blogger.com & www.wordpress.com (there are more, those are just the two I use)

Do your research before starting a blog, with the end in mind. While it was easy for me to set up this blog on blogger, many of the marketing strategies I have access to are only compatible with Wordpress.

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visit www.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...