Monday, February 8, 2010

entertainment industry coach question 343:Is it appropriate to connect to someone on Facebook who you don't know but share friends?

That's the beauty of Facebook, my friend. In fact you just reminded me to send a note to someone I met because I friended him since we had mutual friends. The irony was, I friended him based on the 3 people, whom I think the world of, so I figured he must be a great person too. Turns out he didn't even know them, but he was still a great person.

The key is to be professional. Don't just send a friend request, add a personal note saying that:
You share mutual friends and/or you're in the biz and/or something complimentary about something they've worked on.

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visit www.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...