Saturday, February 13, 2010

entertainment industry coach question 348: How do I bring up my "career" with someone I work for as a nanny?

Upon elaboration this person shared that the woman whom she's a nanny for is a big producer and her husband is in the industry as well.

I would suggest testing the waters first. Ask, "Would you be open to answering some questions I have about the business side of the industry, or do you prefer to keep that part of your life separate because I work for you?" Then you're being polite and respectful, making it comfortable for them to answer truthfully. This is a business "request" which means you must be prepared and okay with getting 'no' as an answer.

Should you get a 'yes', have questions prepared incase he/she wants to answer questions right there on the spot.

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visit www.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...