Friday, February 26, 2010

entertainment industry coach question 361: Can't post the question it involves nudity...

Question: What do I do if I'm asked to show my boobs for an audition when they've posted "requires nudity?" My friend had to do this today and she was mortified and left. Was this the right decision, should I ever be asked?

Ah, I remember the days when I swore I'd never show my boobs. Then you reach an age when you're so excited someone wants to see your boobs, you flash the casting director when he actually said, " show me your moves."

Okay, so that didn't really happen to me BUT, because this is a very touchy (bad choice of words?) subject, I thought I'd open with a little humor (lame as it may be.)

Here's the thing... You have to trust your instincts. If it's a Craigs List posting and the casting office is in some weirdo's garage, RUN. If it's in Deb Aquilla's office and they want to make sure you don't have any crazy scars that will not work for the shot, then you show them. Look, you agreed to go to an audition that clearly stated your part had nudity. If you think, "I'm going to go there and be such a great actress that they'll cut out nudity just to have me," you're going to piss off the casting office.

Be clear with your representation if you don't want to do nudity. If it's okay with you, expect that they are going to want to "check you" for "deformities." Only you can tell by your gut instinct if it's something fishy, so trust yourself.

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visit www.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...