Friday, August 13, 2010

entertainment industry coach question 527: What's the worst thing you can say to a person you just met who can hire you?

"Your breath stinks." "I had that shirt, but I gave it to Goodwill... oh wait, that is my shirt." "Is that your wife over there? I slept with her in film school." Seriously, there are too many bad things you can say to keep throwing them out there.

What I will say is, other than the previously mentioned, if you want to stop a budding relationship in it's tracks, ask for work. Nothing kills a conversation faster than asking a virtual stranger to hire you.

Not really sure where you were going with this question so if you want a more detailed answer, please elaborate on where the question is coming from or what is it that you're trying to sort out.

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com

To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To the interview question - Where do you see yourself in 5 years? "Driving your car, swimming in your pool, sleeping with your wife. Oh, did I just say that aloud?" Very embarrassing.

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...