Saturday, August 14, 2010

entertainment industry coach question 528: How do I know if I'm bugging people?

I get this question all the time. It prompted me to write a short e-book titled: Are You a Pain In The Ass? The quickest way to answer this in a blog, that is general enough for anyone to relate to is:

1. It is your job to follow up so people expect it.

2. Put yourself in the shoes of the people you're reaching out to. If you were working a 70 hour week, had a family, hobbies, and a garage door that needed to be fixed, in addition to 50 "I'm available" calls on your answering machine, how would you like to be followed up with?

3. Are you coming from a place of confidence or desperation when you get in touch with people? I'm not asking what you "think" you're showing to people, I'm asking how you really feel deep down. Because despite what you think you're masking, it is coming through!

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com

To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...