Saturday, August 21, 2010

entertainment industry coach question 535:I was a big name and I've been out of the loop, how do I get back in?

I'm not sure if you went quietly out of the loop for personal reasons, got left out of the loop because you weren't maintaining your "business," or if you were pushed out of the loop because you were doing very bad things...

There is a different strategy for each, but one general similarity. And that is: perception. This is a city that loves Cinderella Stories and comebacks. However, they're very picky about who they allow to "comeback." So your "Cinderella Story" must be masterfully crafted.

This is what I do with my celebrity clients who want to re-emerge. We craft marketing campaigns. It's no different than product branding. In the 70's Coca-Cola taught the world to sing and had Mean Joe Green throw a kid his jersey. Have a Coke and a smile made Coca Cola the cola of choice, but then we got to take the Pepsi Challenge and it became the cola of the generation especially when Michael Jackson and Britney Spears became the faces of Pepsi. Now, I'd say the Pepsi ads are pretty lame, and we're back to a Coke generation.

So there you have it. Perception. how do you plan to re-emerge on the Hollywood scene?
For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com

To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...