Monday, August 23, 2010

entertainment industry coach question 537: Do I need a separate agent for commercials, theatrical, and voice over?

You don't need to, but if you have the opportunity to have more people on your team who are specialized in their area, it can be a good thing. Agents have different relationships. An agent who reps voice over artists has to know different people than a theatrical agent who submits clients for television and film.

There are agents who want to rep you across the board, but they most likely don't have all the relationships that an agency with agents in different departments have.

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach,

To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...