Thursday, October 7, 2010

entertainment industry coach question 582: Do you think youth have an advantage because of their excited optimism?

The question added: I continue to understand in a clearer light where the phrase "we are our own worst enemy" comes from. Self doubt, fear, intimidation, discouragement, etc. are heavy burdens and can truly create a heavy load to carry on the journey of many a gifted artist! I suppose that perhaps this can be why successful ventures are frequently stumbled into by the confidence and excited optimism of youth ... in that nervous innocence we tend to take a more "action" oriented approach versus "thinking" about the best plan of attack and ultimately "thinking" ourselves right into another day, week, month, year, etc!!

Here's how I feel about this: Confident, excited youths don't just stumble upon success. Confidence and excitement at EVERY AGE, attracts people and opportunities. Therefore, if you are dealing with fear, self-doubt, etc, (again, at ANY age), you have to do the personal development work to shift your mindset. I've worked with people who were burnt out on the industry, beaten down by lack of acknowledgment, and ready to give up. Those who were willing to re-ignite their passion, despite their "baggage from the past," went on to relaunch successful careers.

The mind is a very powerful thing. You MUST gain control over your thoughts. Sometimes, it takes a lot of work. Other times, people are just ready... and it happens instantly. Either way, whatever your age, you can have genuine confidence and excitement about what you do and people will be drawn to you and want to work with you.

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com

To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...