Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1275: How do I figure out if I should pursue a career in entertainment?

Research, research, research! Millions of people have dreams of making it in the entertainment industry. The majority will never do more than dream. Like in every industry, there are pros and cons to the entertainment industry.

Here are some tips:

1. Write down what you want to do in the industry AND the expectations of what you think you'll be doing in that job.

2. Write down your expectations of what it will be like to work in entertainment; the time frame until you're working steadily, the hours worked, the pay scale, and everything else you imagine a career in entertainment to be.

3. Go on entertainment industry forums and get people's feedback on your expectations.

Now, people may be brutal if your expectations are completely unreasonable, but don't be discouraged. If you truly want to pursue your dream, get lots of opinions on others' experiences working in the business. If you are still discouraged, contact me, and we can discuss your particular situation. Remember, sometimes people have their own agenda for discouraging you. I will always encourage you, I'll be realistic and honest in an encouraging way.


For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...