Monday, March 16, 2009

Question 12: With so many commitments, how do I manage my time?

I chose to answer this question today, because it's 1:30 am.  You see, I made a commitment to YOU, to answer a question per day, and guess what? For me, life showed up today.  I didn't have time to blog because of my other priorities.  Now, because this is a priority for me, I'm doing it before I go to bed, so I am in fact answering within "my day." 

I'm sharing this with you as an example of accountability and taking one small step.

You can manage your time by:
1. Making a list of what you WANT to accomplish 
2. Making a list of what you MUST accomplish
3. Prioritizing both lists 

Then # 4 is KEY:
4. Taking at least one action per day on that list

And # 5 will keep you emotionally stable:
5. Forgiving yourself if you can't

There will be days when I won't be able to post because life will happen, and I will choose to to de-prioritize this commitment because something or someone is more  important.  And that will be okay. I don't aim for perfection anymore. I aim for enjoying the journey.  There are other specific time management techniques that I will offer in this blog. For now I want YOU to practice enjoying your journey until it is no longer something you practice it is who YOU ARE. 

For more tips and articles by The Greenlight Coach, visit www.theGreenlightCoachBlog.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for staying up so late. This was a really good one! I needed to read it and look forward to the other time management stuff you'll be posting

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...