1. An outstanding director reel
2. A-List TV director mentors
3. TV Studio Executive advisors
4. A clear understanding of the job and the politics
5. (The outside-of-the-box method) a hit show that you direct independently
Obviously, there is a lot more than this simple answer, but if you're not committed to fully going for those 5, there's no point in going into it further. If you are committed, contact me and we can get you started on a plan of action!
For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visit www.thegreenlightcoachblog.com