Monday, December 13, 2010
entertainment industry coach question 648: What do I do to stay busy when times are so slow?
Business action ideas:
1. Re-establish with 30 contacts
2. Reach out to 10 business advice mentors
3. Visit 5 sets (if it's holiday time, go to 5 parties)
4. Attend 1 networking event/week and meet 5-10 people at each
Many people spend all of their time in between jobs, stressing out about being out of work and then, once they have the next job, they look back and regret not enjoying their time off.
Off time ideas:
1. Hang out with friends you've been out of touch with
2. Once a week, spend a day doing something you enjoy: the beach, a day trip to another city, a movie with popcorn & soda, a sports event, a museum, the planetarium
4. Pick up an old hobby
That should keep you busy for a while.
For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com
To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!
Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)
"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...
I'll admit, no one specifically asked me this one. It's in answer to what I witnessed last night at a networking event. Here's t...
The cure for procrastination is different for everyone, but I'll give you a few prescriptions to try: 1. An accountability and reward s...