Monday, November 28, 2011

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 998: How useful is recommendations from professionals you worked with that they can leave you on linkedin?

question continues: Is it possible to use them in your cover letter as recommendation or send them a link to your linkedin profile where the recommendations would pop up.

I interviewed LinkedIn expert Lewis Howes on Using LinkedIn for your entertainment industry career. If you go to Greenlight Hollywood, you can hear my free teleseminar "How to Use Social Media to Get Jobs in Entertainment" and at the end, it tells you what to do so I can send you the free MP3 interview with Lewis.

That's for those of you who really want to get a great understanding of social media in our industry. The short answer to your question is, anytime someone has something positive to say about you in writing it's a good thing. And yes, I see no reason why you couldn't include quotes and recommendations from people in your cover letter when you are writing to them cold. It lets them know that others have worked with you and are pleased with your work.

Sending them a link gives them an extra step which they may or may not take, so that's not your best plan of attack.

For more tips and articles by top entertainment industry career coach, The Greenlight Coach, visitwww.TheGreenlightCoachBlog.com

To stay current on The Greenlight Coach's speaking engagements, recommendations, and work success articles, sign up for her free newsletter at the top of the page and get a great bonus 1-hour MP3 on creating powerful business partnerships when you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting Jobs in Entertainment question 1280: I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language (cont'd)

"I grew up in India and as a result English is my second language. I  am looking to improve my comprehension when I read my text book...